For Canadian Traders::: a TSX Scan of Top Weekly Percentage Gainers & Losers
I use to trade TSX Stocks on days when US Markets were closed.
Here’s an example of a scan I’ve done in the past:
- I’d first scan the top Weekly % gainers & losers on TSX :
- Then I’d look further into the key support /resistance levels
- Isolate the ones with bigger volumes if under 100k per day avg volume I’d take them off list
- Then if something that really looked interesting I’d check message boards & do some due diligence and fundamental analysis
- finally set alerts & look to trade them off key levels $1 $2 $5 $10 areas ( had great success trading based on the above)
- I’d suggest to stay away from the really light volume stocks & if on the % loser lists to keep very tight stops if you are playing them for bounces.
- some good sites to check more detailed info/rumors etc. on TSX stocks is http://stockhouse.com or http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/hubstocks.aspx in the Canadian section also use the hashtag #TSX or $ sign and check on twitter : https://twitter.com/#!/search/tsx
Below you’ll see a scan from today that I did on TSX weekly % gainers & losers
I highlighted the ones in Red that I think are looking toppy here and highlighted ones in green that are nearing key support levels or seem to have based for a day to a few days.
I didn’t look at volumes or fundamentals yet but hope you find the list helpful.
Toronto Stock Exchange Stock Scan – Best & Worst Stocks for the Past week on the TSX
****Some trading packages for TSX stocks use the .to symbol .. Example below
PLI ( is PLI-tc on my package but will be PLi.to on others ) if your not sure ask your broker or try
both symbols. If you can’t get either one then you probably don’t have TSX data access.
You can get TSX quotes/charts/Financial data (no need to put .tc or .to )here: http://www.tmxmoney.com/
or Yahoo Finance & use .to after each ticker Ex. http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=pli.to&ql=1
Double click this chart if you want to see it on a separate page.